It feels like just yesterday, the joy and excitement we felt when we had the first glimpse of our tiny, fragile 'pink baby'. His first cry was like music to our ears, announcing his safe arrival. This was just the beginning of a wonderful journey with our little bundle of joy. As our journey began with our new role as parents, we felt abundance of joy day after day - hour after hour. I had always heard job of a mom is the hardest in the world but I should say that I had a more relaxed motherhood than I ever imagined or was told about. I don't mean that I did'nt have hard days, I too had :
- sleepless nights
- spent all night sitting on a couch
- been pooped at, peed at, spit-up on ( that too many times just after bath)
- the word 'schedule' removed from our life
- short bursts of temper
- a cluttered house
- no long drives or vacations
- baby proofing
- skipped meals...
To all the new mom's or expecting mothers -> you would have been always reading of the challenges of bringing up a baby. So for a change let me try
to jot down the wonderful joys that overweighs those 1000s of challenges :
- I learnt to love some one before he arrived
- Counted days , hrs before I had his first glimpse
- It was a joyous moment when I first touched him
- Felt out of the world when he held my hands for the first time
- its awesome to feel his sweet breath on ur face, when he sleeps
- the several hugs and cuddles from him just energises you
- I loved watching him sleep
- His first smile filled the air with love and joy
- He says "mama" and your heart melts with joyful tears rolling
- His generous tight kisses showed his unconditional love
- His searching eyes for me which say that "you are the most important person in my life"
- He stops crying when he sees me showing his unconditional trust
- His laughs and playtime during bath
- His first time standing-up without support
- His first walk
- the very first time he tried to feed himself
- the first time he offered to share his food with me
- family meals with him
- n so goes the long list .....................
energetic. I have spent hours and hours on internet and books looking for answers, guidance which did magic at times. I have walked patting him a 100 times to put him to sleep. Held him in comforting hands through his illness with prayers all night. Updated facebook with hundreds of his pics and posts. I watched, talked , recorded his 'french'(to me atleast!) language. I have swelled with pride, joy and awe always when I got compliments for Aaron being a sweet and happy baby. Had lot of heartaches on his falls and learnt lessons on ground. With all this, this year was indeed the best of my life - no wonder the time just flew ! :)
Dad n Mom together wish 'our life, our Aaron baby' a Very Happy Birthday. Wishing him good health, prosperity and happiness today and all the days to come. We love you.